Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Reminder

I don't feel like this blog can just be done - especially after the momentum of my last adventure, but sadly, I don't have any new running adventures on my near horizon. And, of course, this blog is sacred to all things running and must be preserved from my new (future) life of diapers and strollersize (just kidding on the strollersize - this running mom will not be doing four-wheeled-lunges - because in my third trimester - I can still squat my body weight, and that includes my new body weight). But its hardly been over a month from my medal worthy Boston appearance and I hope that the blogging world hasn't forgotten about it... Much too soon to be put on the back burner for Winnie the Pooh!

As for a brief life update (however, secondary to the important stuff... to come) - I am officially a working girl, no more student title, no more internship, no more co-signatures. As I was told, I now have my own license to lose (that's reassuring). Some days I feel total confidence, like I can make medical decisions and intervention from my far reaching depths of knowledge, and other days I can be found in fetal position somewhere between ICU 1 and 2 in a panic-like-trance contemplating my own hospital admission. I walk across the Jubilee Auditorium stage this Friday, robed in gold (actually blue), exactly 10 years, to the week, that I did the same to recieve my High School Diploma. Funny how I've been a student the whole time.... In the baby department - I started trimester #3 this week at 27 weeks. Somehow I blinked my eyes and I was 2/3rds of the way done! I'm one of the lucky few women who literally (seriously, literally) has nothing to complain about, so yah for me (and apologizes to all of my new found enemies). Considering I have nothing to compare this pregnancy to, I don't know what my belly growth is in relation to the norm, but I've appreciated that there is nothing (well, considering) hindering me from my normal sanity-maintaining-activities. The down side, I have not been able to "blame it on the baby" nor recieve "pregnancy sympathy" in any way. I also get a moderate amount of sympathy looks, in which I can literally predict, are other women saying in their heads "poor girl, she's getting chubby - wasn't she the runner? Happens to the best of us". Oh well, if there is one thing worth giving up my sculped abs for (the abs I at least dreamt about), than this far exceeds it.

But, the only true reason to stumble across this 500 (+/-) word exert from my otherwise average life is to celebrate all things running. I think a disgusting amount of daily minutes and cyber space is wasted on blogs that are mere personal diaries - because, let's all be honest, who really cares what I ate for dinner or what I put in my coffee. The only part of my day that is worthy for public recognition were the 13 kms that I logged on my running shoes (1 hour 4 minutes, only 1 pee break, which is a record in itself). And of course, this is not to celebrate my personal accomplishment, but time well spent, by myself as well as the others who chose to celebrate with me (to name one, my 6 am running partner Zoe). With all that said, Boston was such a short time ago, and I feel it slowly decreasing in importance as my waistband is increasing. This blog posting is to put that to an end. I may not have a new and amazing training plan going on right now, something to out-do Boston, or Ironman Canada... but these legs are still a runnin' and will continue to do so (at the expense of bladder control). Aside from the obvious (LOVE it), I feel that I owe this to the sacred Boston Athletic Association, in the name of good sportmanship, in honor of my Ironman tatoo... and mostly to my 2011 Boston Marathon Finisher baby. So as per usual running report, last week I ran 20 km in 1:52, the distance remains to be my strength (I always feel like I could run further), however I feel that the pace is slowing with each run. Of course, I will gladly run any pace, as long as the trails are calling my name....

In one final blog "shout out", my bro-in-law completed his first triathlon this past weekend, doing great! We dusted off my original road bike for him, and I'm so thrilled to see that bike back out in action, cause it really served me well - but has hardly seen the roads since I got my tri bike. Stay tuned for a Jacquelyn/Leon head to head 1/2 ironman next summer.... (eat my dust...)


No comments:

Post a Comment